Hey, lovelies! How’re you holding up in this freezing weather? It’s been a few weeks of rain, lots of showers of blessings. Amazing. But that means we can’t throw in some summer vibes in our dressing just yet. That sorta sucks, but you know what doesn’t? Talking about off-shoulder picks.
These fashion faves are back with some major bang. We’ve all seen them, heck, maybe we have a few pieces in our wardrobes. It goes without saying that they can be the statement piece of an outfit when worn correctly. Since they are so versatile, you can wear them with anything. Here are some few things to consider.
- Pick an off-shoulder top that fits your height. The length of your off shoulder top should match your height. Consider this, if you’re taller you can balance your height out by wearing long tops. If you’re short, get tops that go above your waist, or just hit the waist to avoid looking slouchy.
- Now that we’ve established that this fad ain’t fizzling away any time soon, how about sticking to styles that compliment your figure? If you have a fuller chest, off shoulder tops that are flowy or streamlined will look perfect on you. Ladies with small ‘girls’ are able to pull off the ideal look with a foam fitted kinda off the shoulder top. You don’t want to look swallowed in the fabric.
- You can pair up your off shoulder top with shorts, jeans or denim skirts. Doesn’t get any more versatile than this, aye?
- Settle on an off-shoulder top that allows arm movement. off-shoulder tops can be restrictive when it comes to arm movement. Moving around causes the sleeves to staunch up your shoulders if your top is too tight. Comfort is always key.
- There’s nothing that Google doesn’t know, no? I’m saying this because as much as these tops are effortlessly stylish, they can get quite uncomfortable when not worn right. Maybe the off shoulder doesn’t stay in place, you need few hacks to make it stay in position all day long. That’s where Dear Google comes to your aid. Scour the interwebs to learn a few hacks that will lead to zero embarrassing moments.
- Find a bra that fits you comfortably. One of the biggest problems that people have with off shoulder tops is that they really limit your bra options. If you already have a strapless bra, that fits you well, more power to you hunnie! If not, get clear straps that you can hook to your bra and your good to go. Or if you don’t have time for all that, drop the bra straps over your shoulders and make sure they are covered by the top.
Fun going braless hack- you can opt for duct tape. yes. Duck tape. The black tape you see in shops, make an X sign on your areolas with two strips and no one will even tell you to have no bra on. Works like magic- for smaller sizes though. Your welcome.
Wear your top with high waisted jeans or a skirt for a relaxed look. Frilly floral or cropped tops look great with high rise jeans. If you’re wearing a flowy top, choose a bottom that’s foam fitting to help balance your ensemble.
Off-shoulder top- Keekycollection.
Photo credits – Royalreel photography.
Makeup by me.
Shoes – InstyleKenya.